Ponta Delgada town, S. Miguel Island, The Azores Archipelago, Portugal
2nd – 06th October, 2013
The organization of the 3rd Iberoamerican Congress of Peloids intends to achieve the following main goals:
i) To disclose and potentiate the experience of both individuals and groups of researchers and professionals on the science and application of Peloids in Balneology and Balneotherapy;
ii) To disclose both scientific and technical advances in the last years on several topics regarding the Peloids;
iii)To promote among the Azorean companies and researchers the field of Peloids, especially for the development of innovative products and services at The Azores Archipelago.
Even addressed to all interested in the issue, the congress is addressed to researchers, professionals, technicians and students of Medicine (Medical Hydrology, Physiatry, Rheumatism and Public Health), Geology, Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Biology, Pharmacy, Cosmetics and Tourism.
The sessions of the congress will take place at Ponta Delgada town, at S. Miguel Island, between 2nd and 5th October, 2013 and field trips are scheduled to Furnas (Oct, 3rd) and Lagoa do Fogo and Caldeiras da Ribeira Grande (Oct, 6th) thermal areas.
1. Specificities of Muds and Peloids of Volcanic Origin, particularly of Biofilms (Main Topic)
2. Peloids Properties, Typologies and Functions
3. Medical Evidences and Clinical Advances on Peloids Benefits
4. Sanitary Aspects of the Use of Peloids and Thermal Waters in Thermal Buildings/Spas;
5. Innovation in Peloids Preparation and Formulation Through the Incorporation of Natural and/or Artificial Functional Compounds
6. Health Effects of Natural Mineral Waters: Characterization, Properties, Applications, Hydrogeology, and Aquifers Protection
7. Peloids in Dermocosmetics
8. Medical Geology and Geo-pharmacy
9. Health and Well-Being Tourism
10. Muds/Peloids and Mudtherapy/Pelotherapy
11. Certification of Peloids Quality and Utilization Protocols
Those who want to present an oral or poster presentation should send an ABSTRACT (a half A4 page) by email until 31st May, 2013.
Until 31st July, 2013, the EXTENDED ABSTRACT/FULL TEXT (3 to 10 A4 pages) should be sent, by email, to the Organizing Committee, following the TEMPLATE in annex.
Only those who have done the registration and proof of payment can present their oral/poster presentation.
All accepted oral and poster presentation, as well as invited speakers presentations, will be distributed to all the participants.
Those who want to participate on the 3rd Iberoamerican Congress of Peloids should fill and send to the Congress Secretariat by e-mail the annex Registration Bulletin:
III Congresso Iberoamericano de Peloides – Azores 2013
Instituto de Inovaçăo Tecnológica dos Açores (INOVA)
Estrada de Săo Gonçalo
9504-540 Ponta Delgada - Açores - Portugal
Tel: (351) 296 201 770
Fax: (351) 296 653 324
First Announcement >>
Registration form >>
Abstract form >>